Here are some reflections on my first week in self-publishing:
Week One of the launch of my first book, THE SHADOW WATCH, has been a blast, as well as a huge learning experience! Went into this with a small ARC team and I’m mostly postponing advertising until I get more reviews. Did a 99c deal for ebooks over the weekend, which was a nice rank boost.
Paperback – 37
Ebook – 32
KU – 2130
– Already broke 3 figures for this month, which is really exciting!
– Tons of support from friends and family, some of whom I’ve lost touch with. It’s been really cool to receive so much encouragement and excitement and boosting from all of them!
– Lots of support from local community, did an interview for local paper, and getting stocked in the local indie store this week.
– Reviews on international Amazon sites don’t carry over. So several ARC reviews unfortunately don’t show on the all-important Amazon.com, which is frustrating starting out, but oh well.
– Ad clicks often don’t translate to sales. Dabbled with some FB ads but will probably hold off any more until more reviews trickle in. Led to some sales, but I don’t know that it’s worth it yet
All in all, I am really happy with the launch. There were things I hoped would go better. I was definitely hoping for more reviews out of the gate, but so it goes.
Can’t wait to see what’s to come in the weeks ahead…
THE SHADOW WATCH is available here: amzn.to/2JqzFGH